Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Holy Buttons Batman

So its official. I am the proud new owner of a Nikon D90. I dabbled in photography in high school with my best friend Kiely. The photo club had a whopping 2 members to it. So needless to say we used all the darkroom time and shooting time possible. Back then it was a little Minolta 35mm SLR. Great little camera for me to learn on. Now 14 years later I am trying to remember things like the holy trinity of exposure; the photographic triangle, sunny 16 and the rule of thirds. Its enough to make my head spin. I like blogging and my goal is to keep a record of my photographic journey.

A little bit of background information. I am a mother to three gorgeous little heathens I loosely call children and am married to a wonderful man. We live in rural alberta. Far enough south that in the summers its freakishly hot but still has freeze your knackers off winters. We farm grain and have no real livestock other than a handful of alpacas and a couple of horses. Of course these wonderful animals are my oh so tolerant models. I promise not to bore you too much with a bijillion cat/critter pictures less I become the crazy cat lady. Anyways I hope I find a couple fans and if not well this might serve to remind me of my progression into this wonderful hobby.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment