Monday, June 14, 2010

Just think its only 5 minutes away.

So this summer my goal is landscapes. I really love trying to capture a picture just how I saw it. Im sure its always nice if someone else likes your pictures but in reality its only if the image portrays how you truly felt and what you truly saw in THAT moment, is the picture a success. Horsethief Canyon is literally 5 minutes away from my farm. So last night amidst the 50km winds I ventured out with my hound to try and take some pictures. Now I forgot that a smaller aperature is best for better landscape pictures but these are my most favorite shots from last night. Any and all comments appreciated.



3 comments:

  1. Nice shots! I really like the texture in the mountain in the first landscape image.
    Have you had a chance to look at basic HDR and tone mapping? It can make a world of difference for landscape shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pierre, I have briefly looked at HDR and will most likely give it a whorl this summer but after I shoot all these again with a good GND. I wasnt happy with the last one but will try try again. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first image! You weren't using a filter at all? The colors are fantastic, and as Pierre mentioned the texture is wonderful! Was the sun already behind the mountain when you shot these or was it still in the sky? I can't really tell, haha :)

    ReplyDelete